Why not inject your next headshot with a little more personality? Change it up just a smidge? With color, you can do just that. The city of Austin is bursting at the seams with color, public art and locations displaying a combination of the two. We hit the town with some talented friends of ours to show off a few places in Austin you can head to the next time you want to update your personal (or your organization's) headshots.
Tip: Click an address to see it on Google Maps.
1. Bumble HQ Exterior Wall
- Near large, yellow garage door and baby blue Volkswagen Beetle (older model)
- Wall faces north
Bumble website: https://bumble.com
2. Native Hostels Mural
- The artist is @jonone_156 on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/jonone_156)
- Wall faces east
- 2-3 additional murals on Native Hostels' exterior walls
Native Hostels website: www.nativehostels.com
3. Sirens Salon Wall
- Colors: lime green, light blue, pink, orange
- Depending on the shot, may need to photoshop protruding pipes near ground
- Easy to access public parking near wall on Medical Parkway
Sirens Salon: www.sirens-salon.com
4. TOMS Storage Barn
- Faces a side street, but it doesn't appear vehicles can park in front of it.
- There's a lock holding the doors together. Consider standing in front of the lock to remove it from view.
- A few feet away from Love Wall by @jgoldcrown (on IG)
5. Target Stairs (on UT campus)
- Adjacent walls are white, painted brick
- Motifs: Triangles and diamonds
- Colors: Black and white
- Will likely want to strategically frame shot to exclude Target signage at top of stairs
6. Ivy Wall
- Also has a wooden wall at location
- Very close to Bumble HQ
- Similar ivy walls can be found in South Austin at Sway (1417 S. 1st. Street, Austin, TX 78704)
7. Meld Coworking space
- Around 10-12ft of the wall (in width) is unobstructed
- Across parking lot from an ice cream shop
MELD Coworking website: www.meldcoworking.com
8. Vida wall (at Mexic-Arte Museum)
UPDATE: this mural has changed!! You snooze, you lose. (9/13/18)
- Mural info: "La Ceremonia" by Los Dxs and Jellyfish Collectivo
- Adjacent to two other colorful walls (one bright yellow, the other multi-colored)
Mexic-Arte Museum website: www.mexic-artemuseum.org
We hope you have fun adding color to your next headshots!
FYI. If you're interested in finding more great places to create content in Austin (and soon beyond!), our Spot Loc8r mobile app is testing in Austin (!!!). We're adding a few more awesome people as beta-testers over the next few weeks. So, if: 1) you use an iPhone (Android we're coming!), 2) are in the Austin-area and 3) create content for personal or professional storytelling, send an email to email@example.com and put "Beta Request" in the subject line. We'll get back to you in a hurry.
For email updates on our official launch, market expansion, etc., join our email list at www.spotloc8r.com.